Sunday, February 1, 2009

To Start With....

Its been a long time since I thought of starting a blog for my recipes..
My hubby always motivates me for that, but I was too lazy to even take an effort for it...
Today I am in a mood to write something and hence thought of doing the basic steps..
Donno how long its gonna last :-)

Ok so I will start will a simple and sweet one

Madakku aka Love Letter !!!!)


I tasted it for the first time from our college hostel when I was doing my pre-degree .
We all used to call it love letter and i never knew the actual name was madakku until i saw it in some recipe sites.

Ingredients
Maida Flour - 2 cups
Water -  1 Cup
Salt - To taste
Sugar - 3 Tablespoons
Grated Coconut - 2 cups
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Jaggery - 4 cubes/Sugar - 5 tablespoons
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon


Preparation

Filling
Heat a nonstick pan and melt jaggery/sugar with 1/4th cup of water. Once the jaggery is melted add the cumin seeds and saute for 1 minute. Add the grated coconut and saute for 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the stove and allow to cool.

Batter
Mix together maida, salt, sugar and turmeric flour. Add water to the mixture and mix until there are no lumps.
The batter should have dosa batter consistency.

Heat a nonstick bottom-wide pan. Pour one spoonful of batter to the pan and rotate the pan  until the batter is thin and evenly spread .Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and then turn to the other side. Add 2 tablespoons of the filling in the centre ofdosa and then fold from both sides. Allow it to stay in pan for a minute and then remove it to a serving plate.
Server Hot !!!








Free Hit Counters

Free Counter

2 comments:

  1. thts very nice...now waiting for all other wonderful recipes yet to come....

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one jitha...
    waiting to see more recipies u have tried.... :)

    ReplyDelete